Good morning everyone! How was your weekend? I hope well. Mine was a bit crazy, but we got through it:) There’s something about hosting a boys birthday party that will drive you crazy!
Today we’re going to do something a little different than my normal. If you read my family blog, you know that I’m redoing my kids’ bathroom. It has been a LONG time coming!! Over 3 years I’ve been wanting to do this and now I’m finally getting around to it.
My husband and I have been discussing colors and decorations and fixtures. We were at Fred Myers Saturday night looking at towels and we found THE perfect colors!! I’m SO excited!! Once we got the kids to bed and the hubby and I had watched a few episodes of ‘New Girl’, which btw is my new favorite show!!!, I got busy making our mood board. Here’s what I came up with:
1. the color of the walls and cabinets. These aren’t definite. Mark is very picky so the turquoise color could change. This is the one I really like.
2. I love these towel colors. The main towel color will be the green
3. I think the shower curtain will be white. I like the simple look and it’ll match the paint colors.
4. Mark pointed out a light fixture at Fred Myers similar to this one.
5. I know we just put in a new faucet, but it’s not that great. I’m in the market for a new one, particularly bronze and something like this one.
6. We saw toothbrush holders like this at Freddies and liked them. I’m not sure if they will work well in a kids’ bathroom, I think they might be breakable, so we’ll make adjustments if we need to.
7. I really like the open toilet paper holder. We have one in our downstairs bathroom and it’s a lot easier for Brynnan to change out the tp. I want to use the robe hooks for towels and put vinyl lettering with their names above their towels.
8. I thought the bathroom rules quote was cute and would be fun to use as decor. I also thought something like the wooden tray would be cute wall decor.
This is the first mood board I’ve made, what do you think? I’m excited to get started!! BUT there’s one hiccup in my progress, I’m leaving on Wednesday for a vacation with the kiddos. We won’t be back until August 22nd. I wish I would’ve started on this earlier, but I didn’t, so I’ll just have to continue searching for the perfect fixtures and decor while I’m in Cali for the month. That’s probably better anyway. I often get excited about projects and move too quickly. This way I’ll be able to make decisions I will be happy with and not regret.
What do you think of my choices? Do you have any suggestions? I’m definitely not a professional at this and I don’t think I’m very good at it so I will totally take any advice you have!
Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you have a great day!
1 thought on “Moody Monday”
I really love your color palette, Megs. It feels fresh and beachy and bright. Love, love, love.