Good morning! Today I want to talk about losing weight and my goals for this year in that area. I actually haven’t really sat down and thought about my weight loss goals because I have been so preoccupied with everything else in life right now, but I did join a Health challenge group with a friend and it started last Monday the 5th. I am doing really good! Not great, but really good! I’ve been exercising 6 days a week and eating more fruits and veggies. I’ve also been using the app My Fitness Pal to keep me eating around 1390 calories a day. I have actually lost 1 pound in the last week! ONE whole pound in one week!! I know it’s not that much, but it was so awesome that it happened so quickly. I was thinking it would take a couple weeks to lose anything!
Ok, so let’s move on with my goals….
1. Lose 25 pounds ~ I am currently at 147 lbs, Woot Woot! Last year at this time I was the biggest I’ve ever been, 159!! Ahhh! The fact that I’ve lost 12 pounds in the last year makes me feel great… yes, about 2 lbs of that was from cutting my hair (yes!! I had 2 lbs of hair cut off!!) but I lost 10 lbs!! And for about the last 2-3 months I haven’t been working out because I couldn’t afford to buy these amazing shoes that I wanted and whenever I would workout I would hurt my knees or my calves, etc. So, I stopped running and working out all together in November. And, the most amazing part is that I haven’t GAINED any weight!
2. Eat Healthy!! ~ I have been eating more fruits and veggies this past week as well as keeping my daily calorie intake at 1390. I am going to keep using My Fitness Pal to track my calories and hopefully in the next few months get used to always eating good foods. I am going to do one cheat day a week where I can eat anything I want. Yesterday was actually my cheat day so we went out to eat at a new restaurant in town called Freddy’s and I had a cheeseburger, fries and a 7up. I felt so bloated and disgusting afterward that I realized how eating healthy makes your body not like eating junk food. It’s really weird!
3.Exercise 5-6 days a week ~ I love running and Zumba!! They’re my favorite ways to workout. I haven’t been doing either one of them for the past 3 months, almost and it’s kinda driving me crazy!! I’ve been able to get outside and run for the past week and it has been SO amazing!! I LOVE running!! My goal is to run at least 5 days a week and go to Zumba at least one day a week. I have the Zumba games on the Wii so I might actually just do that since it wouldn’t cost any money to do a class that way.
4. Strength train 3 days a week ~ I also want to start doing strength training. I need to start doing sit-ups and push-ups to help get rid of my love handles and build more muscle.
4. Maintain the 25 pounds I’ve lost by regular exercise and eating healthy ~ I don’t want to lose weight and then gain it right back so I will continue to eat healthy and exercise throughout this year to maintain my weight.
5. Run 3 5K’s and at least 1-2 10K’s ~ My 8 year old wants to run one of the fun Color Run races with me this year so I thought that would be something we could bond over together. I need to buy him some warm running clothes. My friend who has been a big inspiration in my life the last 2 years also runs with her son and he and my son are friends so that would be fun for all of us to go running together! (Sorry, that was kind of a mouthful! lol)
Those are all of my Goals to lose weight this year. I’m really happy with them and I’ve beeing doing great so far! Can’t wait to keep it up throughout the year!
Thanks for stopping by! Check back later for another December Daily video post.