Hello wonderful readers! I hope you have been enjoying the plethora of posts lately!! I’ve been having fun blogging again! I have really missed it this past year so I’m excited for this new found energy and excitement I have again!
In honor of my husbands and my 12th wedding anniversary I thought today I would post 12 fun date ideas. He and I aren’t very creative. We usually just go out to dinner and then hit up some of the local thrift stores to score some great deals. Soooo romatic and exciting, right?!! I think we need a little help in the date department of our relationship so I took to pinterest and found a lot of great ideas, if you’re following me on pinterest, you’ve probably noticed all the date pins I’ve been adding to my dating board 🙂
Here are some of my favorites:
3. Winter Date Ideas ~ This blog post has 10 easy and simple winter date ideas. I don’t think we’ll be doing any of the outdoor ones because it has been around 0 degrees lately, but maybe we’ll do hot cocoa and a movie. My favorite one is #2. In the winter, go to the arcade to spend quarters on games and win tickets! My husband would love doing that! Now we just need to find a real arcade.
4. Movie Marathon Weekend ~ My husband would LOVE this one!! He’s been wanting to watch all of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ movies again for a while now so I am thinking that this is what we will do this weekend! 🙂
5. Chocolate Tasting ~ My husband would also love this one. Whenever I ask him what he wants for his birthday or Christmas he always says chocolate so this one would be right up his alley!
6. Recreate Your First Date ~ We won’t be doing this one because our first date was in the summer and a LOT warmer than it is right now, but I thought this was a really fun and romantic idea. We did take our kids to where we had our first date this past summer and that was a lot of fun.
7. Go Roller Skating ~ We went Ice Skating last year for our anniversary and my husband didn’t have as much fun as I did because the boots aren’t comfortable enough for him. I am thinking this might be more fun for him maybe.
8. Date Night Jar ~ This one is a good idea to use so you don’t keep doing the same old thing.
9. Balloon Love Notes ~ This is a really cute idea! I would print off pictures throughout our marriage of the two of us and blow up as many balloons as years we’ve been married.
10. Painting Date Night ~ I love being crafty and I think it would be fun to do it as a project together with my husband. If we get to play video games on dates together, we should also do things I like as well!
11. Sing Karaoke ~ My husband recently got an old Karaoke game for one of his game systems so it would be fun to actually use it together.
12. Spoiled Spouse ~ This sounds like a fun way to show my husband I love him! Do everything he wants and eat what he wants!
These are just a few ideas that I think would be good date or anniversary ideas. I can’t wait to celebrate with my hubby tonight! I can’t believe it’s already been 12 years! I’m glad we’ve made it this far and look forward to all of the years to come!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!